As highly sensitive people and introverts, we can easily become overwhelmed by the daily stresses of life. While a small amount of stress can motivate us to function at our best, too much stress can take a devastating toll on our physical and emotional health.
One of the most common reasons for feeling overwhelmed is the feeling that we have too much to do and not enough time to do it.
Below are some tips for better time management:
* Record and schedule. Creating a well-organized to-do list will immediately make you feel more in control, and it will help you manage activities, one chunk at a time. Write down your tasks, and put a specific schedule around them. Crossing out an activity that has already been accomplished is very rewarding and will help you feel more relaxed.
* Focus on priorities. Which tasks are most important? Keep in mind that we can be overly conscientious, and we may be tempted to assign a high priority to nearly everything on our list. Make an effort to critically evaluate each task. Is there anything that can be safely removed from your list? Can you get or ask for help to lighten your load?
* Let go of perfectionist tendencies. Perfectionism can slow down your progress, and it may also keep you from accepting help from others. If you release the need to make everything perfect, you will work much more efficiently.
* Do one thing at a time. Focus your time and energy on one task until completion. Although we live in a world of multitasking, this is usually not the best strategy. As deep thinkers, we do best when we can bring our full attention to the task at hand. A bunch of uncompleted tasks will only distract us and increase our stress.
* Refresh and recharge. Listen to your body, and get the rest you need. Even though you may think that resting will hamper your progress, they will actually make you more productive. Your mind will be sharper and your body will feel better and stronger.
As highly sensitive people and introverts, it is very important that we know ourselves and have a plan to curtail stress in our lives. The more we understand our strengths and vulnerabilities, the better we can strategize to meet any situation. We can make the time to do the things that are truly important to us. I’m interested in any thoughts or comments that you have.
If you find my content useful, I would appreciate it if you would share it with others! Feel free to use the share buttons below, or to add your comments to this post. I do respond to comments!