- Why can’t I handle more like other people can? This question may be self-critical and may not take into account the unique nature of sensitivity. Instead, focus on what works best for you and what you need to feel comfortable and supported.
- Why am I always so affected by what others say or do? This question may reinforce negative beliefs about sensitivity and can be self-critical. Instead, try reframing your emotions as valuable signals that provide insight into your inner experiences and needs.
- Why can’t I just be normal? This question may be self-critical and may not take into account the unique nature of sensitivity. Instead, try to accept and embrace your sensitivity as a valuable and important part of who you are.
- Why do I always feel like I’m too much for others to handle? This question may reinforce negative beliefs about sensitivity and can be self-critical. Instead, focus on developing healthy relationships and communication skills that allow you to express your needs and feelings effectively.
- Why do I always have to be so careful? This question may reinforce the belief that sensitivity is a weakness or flaw. Instead, try to reframe your sensitivity as a strength and focus on developing skills and strategies that help you manage your sensitivity effectively.
What other questions shouldn’t you ask yourself? I’m interested in any thoughts or comments that you have.
If you find my content useful, I would appreciate it if you would share it with others! Feel free to use the share buttons below, or to add your comments to this post. I do respond to comments!
Join my community, and get my free e-book and twice per month newsletters, 17 Powerful Tips To Help You Thrive As A Highly Sensitive Person. I have an archive of my previous newsletters. Some topics include: Are you a magnet for toxic people?… Do you give up too easily?… Would you rather be perfect or productive?… and much more!