You know something important needs to be done, but somehow, you lack the drive to take action. You might feel guilty, and this alone will make you less motivated.
Success can’t be achieved without motivation. Where is the source of your motivation? Where can you turn to for the inspiration to propel you forward? Below are some suggestions:
- Visualize completing the task and reaching your objective. Never lose sight of your ultimate goal. It could be getting a job promotion and a bigger paycheck, or finishing another chapter in the book you’re writing, or losing five pounds by the end of the month. Seeing yourself achieving these goals will motivate you to take action.
- Preparation fuels motivation. Research by reading and asking questions. Learn all you can, and do what’s needed to prepare. Your self-confidence increases in direct proportion to your feeling of competence. Motivation is fueled by knowledge and preparation, followed closely by persistence.
- Take a break. Breaks are important for recharging your batteries. The best kind of breaks are when you can change your surroundings. You can do this by going for a walk or maybe just leaving your work area to spend a few minutes with an inspirational book.
- Get support from like-minded and supportive people. When you’re around positive people, their attitude will rub off on you. As a highly sensitive person, you’ll absorb their energy. Conversely, when you’re with negative people or in depressing surroundings, you absorb that energy as well. Brainstorming with others will help you. When you give and get information from others, this will energize you, and you’ll have more options and ideas.
- Re-evaluate your tasks and make certain you’re working toward what you truly desire. It’s very important to be clear on what you want. How can you strive towards something that you’re not sure of?
- Do something for others. When we help others, we find motivation within ourselves. Sometimes the way to achieve your goal is to assist others in reaching theirs. Seek to serve and you’ll become energized and motivated to do more for youself.
Motivation comes from many different sources, and you must find what works for you. Anticipate that good things will happen in your life. What motivates you? I’m interested in any thoughts or comments that you have.
If you find my content useful, I would appreciate it if you would share it with others! Feel free to use the share buttons below, or to add your comments to this post. I do respond to comments!
Join my community, and get my free e-book and twice per month newsletters, 17 Powerful Tips To Help You Thrive As A Highly Sensitive Person. I have an archive of my previous newsletters. Some topics include: Are you a magnet for toxic people?… Do you give up too easily?… Would you rather be perfect or productive?… and much more!