It’s crucial for us highly sensitive people and introverts to constantly figure out ways to keep ourselves from being overwhelmed from the stresses of everyday life. Here are more tips for doing this:
- Learn to manage stress: Highly sensitive people and introverts can be particularly susceptible to stress. Develop healthy coping mechanisms such as exercise, deep breathing, or mindfulness practices to help manage stress.
- Set realistic goals: Be mindful of your limitations and set realistic goals that you can accomplish without overwhelming yourself. It’s important to prioritize your well-being over achieving too much too soon.
- Develop a routine: Having a regular routine can help you establish a sense of stability and predictability in your life, which can be comforting and calming for highly sensitive people and introverts.
- Take breaks: Whether it’s a quick break during work or a longer vacation, taking time away from your usual routine can be beneficial for your mental health. Give yourself permission to rest and recharge when you need it.
- Embrace alone time: It’s okay to enjoy your own company and spend time alone. Use this time to recharge and engage in activities that bring you joy.
Self-preservation looks different for everyone, so it’s important to find what works best for you. Prioritize your well-being and don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it.
If you find my content useful, I would appreciate it if you would share it with others! Feel free to use the share buttons below, or to add your comments to this post. I do respond to comments!
Join my community, and get my free e-book and twice per month newsletters, 17 Powerful Tips To Help You Thrive As A Highly Sensitive Person. I have an archive of my previous newsletters. Some topics include: Are you a magnet for toxic people?… Do you give up too easily?… Would you rather be perfect or productive?… and much more!