It’s impossible to have a life without hardship. The quality of our lives depends on how we handle hardship. Here are some quotes to give you a different perspective about hardship:
- “Life is a series of punches. It presents a lot of challenges. It presents a lot of hardship, but the people who are able to take those punches and able to move forward are the ones that really do have a lot of success and have a lot of joy in their life and have a lot of stories to tell, too.“…Josh Turner
- “The very greatest things – great thoughts, discoveries, inventions – have usually been nurtured in hardship, often pondered over in sorrow, and at length established with difficulty.”…Samuel Smiles
- “Sorrow happens, hardship happens, the hell with it, who never knew the price of happiness, will not be happy.”… Yevgeny Yevtushenko
- “There are uses to adversity, and they don’t reveal themselves until tested. Whether its serious illness, financial hardship, or the simple constraint of parents who speak limited English, difficulty can tap unexpected strengths.”…Sonia Sotomayor
- “The hardship of living in a refugee camp made me psychologically strong.”…Philip Emeagwali
- “When faced with a challenge, happy families, like happy people, just add a new chapter to their life story that shows them overcoming the hardship. This skill is particularly important for children, whose identity tends to get locked in during adolescence.”
- “So we need people who will remain steadfast in any hardship and who have a high degree of resistance.”…Moshe Sharett
- “If you tell your own story to your children – that includes your positive moments and your negative moments, and how you overcame them – you give your children the skills and the confidence they need to feel like they can overcome some hardship that they’ve felt.”
- “I think we live in a culture that relentlessly pursues comfort. Ease is related to disease. We shouldn’t always be fleeing hardship. Hardship also brings people together. We should welcome it.”…Dan Buettner
I believe that hardship makes or breaks us. I’ve personally grown stronger and smarter from the difficult times in my life. Has hardship made you stronger? I’m interested in any thoughts or comments that you have.
If you find my content useful, I would appreciate it if you would share it with others! Feel free to use the share buttons below, or to add your comments to this post. I do respond to comments!
Join my mailing list, and get my free e-book, 17 Powerful Tips To Help You Thrive As A Highly Sensitive Person.