This is a blog post that I wrote on Thursday. I thought it would be helpful to revisit it and add some personal commentary because I related to all of these comments! The post is as follows:
Highly Sensitive People: Are You Ever Overwhelmed? I know that this is a silly question for ALL of you.
My answer is a resounding YES!! I get overwhelmed in many situations such as:
*Trying to do too many things in a short period of time.
*Being overwhelmed by having to make a decision that’s based on too many choices.
* Becoming overwhelmed by having to make a choice or not to
I know I need to clear my mind. I do this by:
*Taking a break and thinking about what I need to do first.
* I do something relaxing like using my Utrasonic Aroma Diffuser. I particularly like lavender, citrus, and lemongrass.
* I do something physical like walking or doing some other form
Here are the comments that I received:
- I’m easily overwhelmed. Hiking and nature photography help calm my overactive mind and reduce stress.
- Making phone calls for prescriptions, driving myself crazy w reminders to call friends, making set plans. Pre planning. Getting gifts. Driving.
- Yes I do! I go outdoors, go to the mountains, go on a day trip to a forest and go swimming.
- Human relationships overwhelm me!
- Overwhelmed by too many customers at my counter at work!
- I’m overwhelmed by outside noise!
- Too much interaction with people.
- Being rushed overwhelms me.
- I get overwhelmed by being around unreasonable people.
- Stupid people makes me crazy!
- Mean people cause me to feel overwhelmed.
- Picking up on emotions from people around me, cause me to feel overwhelmed!
- I get overwhelmed even thinking about how overwhelmed I ‘might’ feel in a future situation!
- When I get overwhelmed, I do whatever I can to take a “brain break”.
I’m sure that you can relate to some of these comments. Awareness of the things that causes our overwhelm will help us plan for not becoming overly overwhelmed. What causes your overwhelm? What do you do about it? I’m interested in any thoughts or comments that you have.
If you find my content useful, I would appreciate it if you would share it with others! Feel free to use the share buttons below, or to add your comments to this post. I do respond to comments!
Join my mailing list, and get my free e-book, 17 Powerful Tips To Help You Thrive As A Highly Sensitive Person.