The start of a New Year is a great time for deep-thinking highly sensitive people to reflect upon your personal growth. What positive action steps are you going to take this year? To help you start the process, I’m going to list my action steps. You should make your own written list. Put your list on your refrigerator or in a place where you’ll see it every day. It’s important to remind yourself daily of your goals, so that you don’t get distracted by everyday life.
- I’m going to stop getting upset over the little things. I tend to let “upsets” set the tone for my day. It’s normal to be bothered, but not at the expense of losing a productive day. I let these small matters clutter my thought process. Acknowledging these distractions and letting them go is the only way for me to go!
- I’m going to focus on important things that need to be done. How many times have you thought about too many things at once? How many of them were truly important? Focusing only on the important tasks will make me more productive!
- I’m keeping my distance from negative forces that bother me. This includes people, situations, and environments. I’m only going to associate with people who are uplifting and motivating. I want to consciously place myself in environments that I can thrive in. Listening to my intuition will be my guide.
- I’m going to learn something new every day. The more I learn, the better I feel about myself. The more knowledge and self-confidence I have, the better options I have to improve my life.
- I’m going to meet the challenge of change head on. Change is inevitable. Nothing stays the same. Although change can seem overwhelming, it opens the door for growth. I’m going to venture out of my comfort zone and not be afraid to try new experiences and not be overwhelmed by them.
- I’m going to finally realize that worry doesn’t help me. I’m a natural worrier about everything! This doesn’t serve my best interests. I’m going to trust myself by listening to my natural intuition. I will do my best in every situation and not be afraid to make adjustments as needed.
- I’m going to keep my body and mind healthy. This should be obvious. I’m going to be more conscious of the things I eat and aware of what my diet does for my overall health. This doesn’t mean going on a strict diet that will be impossible to keep up with. Better food choices and not feeling guilty when I want to indulge in a few treats is the way for me to go. Regular exercise, medical exams, dental checkups, and acupuncture treatments are important ingredients for my well-being.
- I’m going to be honest about how things really are, rather than the way I want them to be. Trying to rationalize the truth has never helped me. This includes my thoughts about people and situations, whether personal or professional. You can’t change the way people are or force them to meet your needs. They are what they are, and we have the choice to accept or reject them.
- I’m going to tackle unpleasant tasks that need to be done. Procrastination causes needless stress and leaves me with loose ends and unfinished projects.
- I’m going to give myself credit when it’s due and not belittle myself when I make a mistake. I’m not perfect! Nothing is perfect! Knowing that I’m a good and capable person will shield me from those whose opinions might negatively affect the way I feel about myself.
What positive action steps are you going to take this year? I’m interested in any thoughts or comments that you have.
If you find my content useful, I would appreciate it if you would share it with others! Feel free to use the share buttons below, or to add your comments to this post. I do respond to comments!
Join my mailing list, and get my free e-book, 17 Powerful Tips To Help You Thrive As A Highly Sensitive Person.