The answer to this question is lifelong learning! As a highly sensitive person, the more I learn, the more I can utilize the good and challenging aspects of myself.
The pursuit of knowledge through lifelong learning, whether it’s learning to play the guitar, speak a foreign language, or prepare a gourmet meal, has wonderful benefits for people of all ages.
“Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn…and you will.” ~Vernon Howard, Author
Some benefits of lifelong learning include:
- Stimulates brain cells and keeps you sharp.
- Offers a way to expand your interests and discover new things that inspire you, which can help you find more meaning in your life.
- Connects you with people who share your interests and passions.
- Improves memory and cognition. The more you use your mind, the more capacity you have to learn.
- Increases self-confidence.
- Generates a feeling of accomplishment.
- Learning new skills can increase your income or expand your career options.
- Offers comfort during difficult times. Sometimes it just takes a little education to get through a challenging situation or adapt to a changing environment.
“The only real skill that matters in the world is the ability to learn what you need to know on a regular basis”
~John Naisbitt, Author
What would you like to learn more about? I’m interested in any thoughts or comments that you have.
If you find my content useful, I would appreciate it if you would share it with others! Feel free to use the share buttons below, or to add your comments to this post. I do respond to comments!
Join my mailing list, and get my free e-book, 17 Powerful Tips To Help You Thrive As A Highly Sensitive Person.