I’m a big believer in the Law of Attraction. The law of attraction is a simple concept. If you focus on the positive, you’ll attract the positive. If you focus on the negative, you’ll attract the negative.
Some people think that the Law of Attraction is utterly ridiculous because of the simplicity of this concept. I have found that my attitude does have a big impact on what shows up in my life.
For example, I wasn’t able to find the right people to help me when I wrote my book, Making Sense of Your High Sensitivity. I was so frustrated and felt that I would never find talented, reliable people to help me. When I saw the movie, The Secret, in 2006, I changed my attitude and believed that I would find the right people to assist me. I didn’t give up, and instead, committed to do further research. I visualized myself happily working with skilled people and making progress. And guess what? I found the right people! What made the difference? I simply changed my attitude to a more positive one.
Below are some suggestions to live the Law of Attraction:
- Rid yourself of negative thoughts and feelings. Negativity will ultimately drive away the positive things that you deserve. Learn to erase your mind of anything negative. For example, if you find yourself in a long line and complaining about it, stop complaining and be thankful that you’re well enough to stand in line. Make it a habit to positively focus on the smallest things. After you consciously do this enough times, it’ll become second nature to you.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Associate with positive people. Stay away from chronic complainers, whiners, and people who sulk over meaningless things. These types of people are hazardous to highly sensitive people, especially since we take in everyone else’s energy.
- Visualize what you want. Visualization sends a positive signal out to the universe. Whether you want a better job, a bigger house, a new car, more money, or a significant other, visualize yourself having it. How would you feel? The clearer the picture you have, the more you’ll attract and be motivated to take the actions needed to get it.
- Seek help when you need it. Sometimes you may need help from others to formulate your vision, craft a plan, or adjust your attitude. It can be helpful to join with other like-minded people or work with a therapist or a coach. I offer HSP consultations by e-mail. I can work with you to figure out a direction, come up with concrete steps to accomplishing your goals, and help you make the most of your high sensitivity.
- Learn to give thanks. List everything that you’re grateful for. It’s extremely important to take quiet time to give thanks for the things that you have. Practice this everyday. As you keep doing this, you’ll discover that you’re receiving more and more to be thankful for.
The principles surrounding the Law of Attraction are quite straightforward. To live the Law of Attraction, you need an open mind, a willing spirit, and the ability to take action.
Do you believe in the Law of Attraction work for you or against you? Have you found that having a positive attitude changes the things that appear in your life? I’m interested in any thoughts of comments that you have.