It's been said that we're living in the worst energy crisis of all time. The crisis of personal energy! We're constantly stressed and pulled in more directions than ever before. This whirlwind pace depletes our energy at an alarming rate! Managing your personal energy has never been more critical. Doctors say that the number one complaint of their patients is, "I have no energy." There can be a number of reasons for lack of energy, but most of the time it has nothing to do with a medical condition. Chronic fatigue may be linked to emotional causes such as a difficult or abusive relationship, lack of passion, or being a caregiver to a parent or child. The first step in finding the cause of your…
Below are some important lessons that I’ve learned, which have helped me to live a healthy and happy life.
- Communication works best when it’s open, easy, spontaneous. It should also include active listening.
- Rules and boundaries should be clear and explicit, but also allow for flexibility.
- Individuality, freedom, and personal identity are enhanced by positive self-esteem. (more…)
Do you need some tips to live healthier? As highly sensitive people, we need to feel good in order to live our lives happier and productively.
Here’s some wise advice from Renee Pieroth a registered and licensed dietician.
- Take a moment to reflect on your positive attributes. Consider not only what you would like to change, but what you would like to remain the same. Goals can build on your successes to help fade your negative thoughts. Keep in mind the power of exercise and nutrition to benefit your health when creating goals. (more…)
As a highly sensitive person, I always appreciate things that get me thinking. Below are some life observations from Steve Allen, an American television personality, musician, composer, actor, comedian, and writer. I thought about each observation, and added a brief commentary (in italics).
- Many people are unaware that they suffer from a natural combination of ignorance and stupidity. Unfortunately there is some validity to this. We don’t know what we don’t know!
- If you don’t know something, admit it!
How many times have you tried to fake it and embarrassed yourself? I know that I have. It’s not a sin to admit that you don’t know something. (more…)