As highly sensitive people, many of us dislike conflict, so we may avoid confronting service providers who don't do a good job. That doesn't seem fair to me, so I want to encourage you to be assertive when it comes to hiring people, even when it isn't easy. We deserve the best! We currently have an economy where manufacturing provides approximately 19% of all jobs, with service making up the other 81%. With such a service-intensive economy, I think a fair question to ask is... why is it so difficult to get what we pay for? The search for reliable service providers in every sector — including home, automotive, legal, financial, medical, computer, and retail — has become so frustrating that in many cases price isn’t…
Have you ever been so overwhelmed and frazzled that you can’t think straight? If you’re like me and many other highly sensitive people, I’m sure that you can relate to this situation.
Don’t worry, your brain power boost is only a few simple steps away. The tips below will help you in your quest to keep your brain working better.
- Engage in a Regular Exercise. Do simple exercises like a short walk or jog. It doesn’t have to be as intense as a full-blown work-out. You just have to keep your body active. Simple work-outs on a regular basis will trigger the release of neuro-chemicals known as endorphins. These chemicals make you feel happy and more relaxed.
- Use your Brain. If you exercise your body, you should also exercise your brain. The more often you use your brain muscles, the easier it will be to think and learn. You can read, do crossword puzzles, or even play educational games. Perhaps you can do research on topics of interest, ponder complex issues, write articles, or journal your thoughts. Any activity that can keep your brain working will give you a mental boost. (more…)
I mentioned in a previous post about my childhood feelings about school and a difficult grammar school teacher that embarrassed me. This had a profound negative influence on me. This is an example of “personal baggage” that we all have to carry around.
There comes a point in everyone’s life when we have to let go of this burden or keep carrying it around. What good does it do to keep alive a bad experience or harbor resentment against someone who has wronged us? (more…)
Who likes to be criticized? As a highly sensitive person, the scary feeling of being judged is intensified, as is the pain of being humiliated.
I had a grammar school teacher criticize me in front of the class. It had a long lasting affect about the way I felt about school. I was afraid to go to class and was never a good student. I wrote about this experience in my book, Making Sense of Your High Sensitivity. (more…)